4.02.2015

Final Countdown Pregnancy Update


I never did updates throughout my pregnancy but as this is all coming to an end I wanted to write down a few thoughts that I thought I might want to have to look back on. So heres a few thoughts about the last 9 months with this cute little nugget... 


How Far Along: 28 weeks 5 days

Total Weight Gain: About 20

Maternity Clothes: The first trimester and beginning of the second trimester were a bit awkward in terms of clothes… I didn’t quite feel comfortable in my regular clothes but maternity clothes seemed too big. At about 20 weeks I finally invested in a few pairs of maternity jeans and it was the best decision ever. I love the bellyband! I honestly didn’t buy too many things… I’ve pretty much rotated through the same pants, leggings, tees and dresses the entire time. Accessories and cardigans helped me change things up.

Stretch Marks: I fear that writing this before I’ve given birth will jinx me but… I have yet to get a stretch mark. I’ve been trying really hard to keep the belly moisturized (with the two lotions I mentioned in a previous post) and I’ve tried to maintain a steady and slow weight gain. Unfortunately, there’s still time for some to show up- I’m crossing my fingers they don’t though!

Sleep: To be honest I feel like I’ve slept better since being pregnant than I did before! Basically if I lie horizontally, I get tired and pretty much just pass out. The last week or so I’ve been having to get up a few times in the night to pee, but other than that I don’t have any troubles. Sometimes baby boy has a hard time settling down when I’m ready for bed so ill have to walk around a bit or rock back and forth till he gets comfy. I don’t use a pregnancy pillow, just a long body pillow.

Best Moment of the Pregnancy so far: Its hard to choose just one thing because there have been lots of great moments over the last 9 months, but a few would be: When I stopped being nauseous at about 15-16 weeks, the 20 week ultrasound when we found out we were having a baby boy that was perfect and healthy, AND feeling all his little kicks and movements whenever Kent talks to him J he loves his daddy!

Movement: From the moment I first felt him back at 16 weeks he hasn’t stopped moving! He’s an active little guy, but I love feeling him move throughout the day- especially when there is music on or when people talk to him.

Cravings: I’m not one of those pregnant girls that craved pickles and ice cream or anything really weird. There was a phase I went through when potatoes or any kind of always sounded good (mashed, baked, fresh fries, tater tots, you name it), but other than that there hasn’t really been one thing that I really craved a lot.

Aversions: Nothing really! I do have a very strong sense of smell right now so things that smelled good or bad before pregnancy are very amplified, but there isn’t anything that makes me feel queasy or sick (thank goodness).

Belly Button status: Its kind of just flat right now.. I have a very deep belly button so I don’t think it will ever sick out.

Wedding ring: Still on! I’ve been lucky to have not gotten swollen yet! I’m just glad he will be here before the humid summer arrives!

Mood: I always joke with Kent that he’s lucky because I’m the most laid back pregnant woman ever because I don’t feel like I’ve had many crazy outbursts or mood swings. Luckily I’ve managed to stay pretty level headed and my emotions have stayed normal (with the exception of a few random days) Hopefully it lasts postpartum…

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks every once in a while (I think). With this being my first pregnancy I don’t really know what to expect as far as labor signs. The last few days this little guy feels huge so when he moves he sometimes will hit a nerve down in my pelvis- which is a little uncomfortable and I can tell my body is changing and preparing but no real labor yet! Everyone keeps telling me that  when it starts to happen I “wont miss it” 

Biggest Fear: I think it goes without being said but LABOR… ugh I swear I’ve heard more bad labor stories that I cared to.. and I hope that the fact that I’ve had a good pregnancy doesn’t mean that I’m going to have a bad labor- I don’t know what but I feel like there has to be a balance. I’m really just trying to tell myself not to stress about it- women have been doing this since the beginning of time so I think that means ill get through it.

Most Excited for: That first skin to skin snuggle…. The last few months I’ve day-dreamed about what he will look like and what his temperament will be and I cant wait for that first meeting we have as a family of three (it almost brings tears to my eyes to think about it).

Overall this pregnancy has been great, if I could just skip over that first trimester I could honestly say I’ve really loved it! It’s been so nice to not be in school so that I could just focus on being pregnant and preparing for him. It weird because everyone always tells you that it will fly by but you really don’t understand how quickly the time goes until you’re experiencing it! Being pregnant really makes you think about things differently, you see things and experience things with a different perspective, but it’s still hard to know what to expect- everyday is a learning experience. Being a mom is something I always knew I wanted to be. I have always been excited about this time in my life, but now that I’m actually experiencing it and I’m about to become a mom I’m having a hard time realizing that its real! Somedays I wake up in the morning and feel him kick and I snap back to reality and have to remember that I really am pregnant.

I think about my life right now and the routine and schedule that Kent and I have and it’s just weird how much that is all going to change! We have truly loved our 5 years of kid free life- we’ve had some fun adventures together and have loved having the alone time. That being said we are so excited for this BIG change and I know that once our little guy is here we wont know what we ever did without him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Become my Penn Pal on BlogLovin'!

Follow on Bloglovin