4.13.2013

penn pals


Okay soo i've had some issues over here kansas.. It has been so cold over lately, that I just haven't felt like taking any pictures outside.. I know thats a bad excuse but I'm a wuss and I have basically been wearing the same thing everyday anyway... boringgg. I also haven't been able to use photoshop because I got a new computer so I have been using a free trial for the past month and it finally expired! sad day :( soo i haven't been able to do any collages or editing! Hopefully I can get an actual version soon! 
Anyways, I still haven't made any decisions about my hair situation.  I think it will take me a little while to work up the courage to actually do it... but when the time comes I will make sure there is proper documentation and I will show you all the outcome! 

I also have been thinking about making another change... to the blog name. I do like the name I originally picked, but heres the thing... I didn't say this in my post where I explained the name, but I kind of picked it  because at the time we thinking that we were moving to San Francisco and it just seemed fitting.. I didn't want to say anything , because we weren't 100% sure about what was going to happen. I'm glad I didn't now, because obviously im horrible at predicting the future! SO lately I have been feeling like the name isn't as fitting. Now that I have written a few posts I have realized that I want this to be more of a lifestyle blog rather than strictly a fashion or beauty blog. I want it to be a place that friends and family cant keep updated on our happenings while in Philly, but also a place I can post and write about things i love. I am finding that writing this blog is a great outlet for me, and I'm sure you all have noticed that grammar isn't my strong suit, but I do enjoy writing, even if only a few people read it! So the name that we (kent basically came up wit this) have decided on is "penn pals". 
A Pen Pal as described by the dictionary, is "a person with whom one keeps up an exchange of letters", is my case blog posts, "usually to someone far away", also, "a friend made and kept through correspondence". I think this definition is a great way to explain exactly what I want this blog to be. A way to keep in touch with people I love that are far away, but also a way to make new friends! The internet is a crazy thing isn't it? It is so great that we have the ability to communicate through the internet. I know it will be something I become even more grateful for as we move away and use it so stay in touch with everyone that is back home! 
I also feel the name is fitting because of the words themselves. PENN PALS (Both words refer to Pennsylvania! Genius right? PENN and the PA in pals). SO i know it may be a bit cheesy and obvious and I know it seems lame to change a blog name after it has already been named, but I figured the few of you that actually read my silly little blog wouldn't mind too much! Plus we thought it was pretty clever ;) 
So here is to us becoming Penn Pals! 

Thanks for stopping by! If you want to stay updated go on over to BlogLovin' and follow Penn Pals! It is free and easy and you can follow all your favorite blogs there! 


xo kyndal and kent 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Become my Penn Pal on BlogLovin'!

Follow on Bloglovin